Second Skin Audio

subwoofer help

keith

Hi I have been doing research on 2 different subs and cant seem to find the answers i need. the subs are sundown audio x12 and ssa icon. i know both are great sub woofers but i need to know which one has a better range. A lot of people say that the x does well in the lower frequency but not to well past 50 hertz. what i am looking for is a driver that will play well from 28, to around 80 or 100 hertz while maintaining good sound quality and not loosing anything in the upper range. i really would like the sundown audio 12s because i have used the sa 12s and they sound really good. i am adding another bdcp 1500 and I want to upgrade the subs also with ones that will have the same sound quality if not better but be able to handle the power of the 2 amps any suggestions on these 2 subs or others would be greatly appreciated.

All in the box, the X are pretty peaky inside a car in the recommended enclosures, if you make a smaller box then they get not as peaky (and loud) but then why you get a X for? The Icon is a SQ sub and sure will sound nice, but you can just make it sound peaky in the wrong box. So there is no straightforward answer as usual.

Archived