Derel Bertrand Posted December 12, 2014 Report Posted December 12, 2014 Ok. I need someone to check my box volume for me. Because I came out with 2.70 cubic ft and Each sub takes up .08cuft of space. 50L x 18.5D x 7H exterior dimensions using 3/4 MDF Is that right? Im running 4 SA-8 2ohm Sundown Audio 8" subs in a toyota tundra double cab. And I only need .54cuft each to port it to 35hz. I planned on using 3" Aero ports that are 11.25" long to tune it to 35Hz... I guess im looking for some advice to make sure im doing this right before I mess it up
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 12, 2014 Report Posted December 12, 2014 Based on your exterior dimensions, your interior dimensions would be 48-1/2" W x 17" D x 5-1/2" H, this gives you a gross internal volume of 2.62 cubic feet. How many of those 3" aero ports are you planning on using? To get your port area to where it should be you are going to need quite a few of them. How much power are you going to be pushing to those SA-8s? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CortezDTV Posted December 13, 2014 Report Posted December 13, 2014 I have a 11 I would like to see a box that big fit And where are you going to put the subs you only have about 6" height before you subtract wood depth I was thing 2 or 4 8s but it's looking like 6.5s are really all that would fit and be decent SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Derel Bertrand Posted December 13, 2014 Author Report Posted December 13, 2014 I was planning on using 2 3" Aeroports. I never built a ported box before. I always built sealed in every other vehicle I owned... how would I figure out how many to use?
Derel Bertrand Posted December 13, 2014 Author Report Posted December 13, 2014 Cortez I built 2 boxes. One I messed up on when I fiberglassed it and this other one I just built out of wood.. I have pics but I dont see how to post them up on here
CortezDTV Posted December 13, 2014 Report Posted December 13, 2014 What year? How does the seat fit folded down? Doesn't lock down? SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Derel Bertrand Posted December 13, 2014 Author Report Posted December 13, 2014 2010 tundra...I also modded the rear seat to be able to fold down by grinding on the brackets at a 45 degree angle then plastidipping...I was very surprised that the seats actually locked when they folded down. I anticipated that they wouldnt but being they do is a bonus
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.