Need help finding a tweeter...

I am looking for a reasonably priced tweeter (about $100 or less) that sound natural and does not not sound too bright. I also want the tweeter to either have 50wrms OR 100wrms. Let you what what ideas you have.

I would like to stay away from super tweeters and probably horn tweeters as well.

Thanks! :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Something like this for example(I know there's plenty other amps that can as well)
http://www.soundqubed.com/Q4-90_p_252.html

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Something like this for example(I know there's plenty other amps that can as well)

Isnt that amp under rated? I don't want to blow the tweeters.

You won't blow them if you set the gain and crossovers correctly, I've "overpowered" tweeters before with no issue but I've always been easy on the gain because, well, tweeters get too loud for me to be feeding them the full signal and power, plus that adds more headroom(less chance for the speakers to reach full power, less chance for distortion). Bad crossovers or no crossover kills tweeters more often then power.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Isnt that amp under rated? I don't want to blow the tweeters.

You won't blow them if you set the gain and crossovers correctly, I've "overpowered" tweeters before with no issue but I've always been easy on the gain because, well, tweeters get too loud for me to be feeding them the full signal and power, plus that adds more headroom(less chance for the speakers to reach full power, less chance for distortion). Bad crossovers or no crossover kills tweeters more often then power.

True. But I would be more comfortable running an amp closer to the rms rating of the tweeter. Unless I knew that the particular tweeter could handle more than it is rated for.

Look around on Parts-Express or Madisound, there's a good variety of soft dome tweeters there.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived