Guest Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 I was changing out my door speakers and I removed the passive crossovers and both of them seemed to be broken. Are they blown?? Not sure what happened? lol
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 looks like the glue or whatever held the cap or whatever together failed.
Guest Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 looks like the glue or whatever held the cap or whatever together failed. Haha, yeah. I was just wondering it there could be a reason behind it...maybe too much power input? My midrange speaker was working perfectly fine. Tweeter was never very powerful but I thought that was just the nature of how passive crossovers distribute the power.
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 looks like the glue or whatever held the cap or whatever together failed. Haha, yeah. I was just wondering it there could be a reason behind it...maybe too much power input? I am not that good when it comes to this stuff, but I think if caps go bad the bubble in the ends. It honestly just looks like the glue was sub par quality and failed. But again I could be totally wrong lol.
Guest Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 looks like the glue or whatever held the cap or whatever together failed. Haha, yeah. I was just wondering it there could be a reason behind it...maybe too much power input? I am not that good when it comes to this stuff, but I think if caps go bad the bubble in the ends. It honestly just looks like the glue was sub par quality and failed. But again I could be totally wrong lol. Gotchu well thanks for your idea!
Miguels Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 easy fix if you know how to solder.. you can buy the cap and solder it in. my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Aj11 Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 if your running a 4 channel amp it Would be worth your time to ditch the crossovers and run active. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Guest Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 if your running a 4 channel amp it Would be worth your time to ditch the crossovers and run active. That is exactly what I am doing!!
Aj11 Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 glad to hear it. the few extra feet of speaker wire and the hour it takes is soooooo worth it. what deck are you running? jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
afrakes Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 This may be a stupid question, but how to you go active without a sound processor? Miss/highs is my least knowledgable area, I just thought u needed a 360 or a cleensweep to run active? I must be wrong thinking that? Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.