Blaze92 Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 Hi, I'm looking at buying a single 12 Sundown SA-D4 12" (600w rms). Wanting to run it off an alpine amp that does 1kw rms @ 2ohm in a ported 1.75cf box @ 32 hz. Hopefully it'll out-perform my 2 12" jbl gt5's in every way as I've heard these SA's hit hard and have some nice quality sound too. Anyone that has some feedback / experience on these subs would be kindly appreciated.
Jessica Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 if you are feed 1k to those jbl's then i doubt one SA will be louder. Of course there are other factors like if you JBL's are in a sealed enclosure or ported and so on. Maybe a bit more info on what you are running now. Also, running 1k to a 600 watt rms sub daily is asking for trouble if you ask me. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Blaze92 Posted December 21, 2014 Author Report Posted December 21, 2014 I wont be running it at the full 1k for obvious reasons. At the moment I have the 2 jbl's in a ported box 3cf @ 32hz getting around 275w rms per sub as rated. Also the car is a hatchback.
SQL50 Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 It'll take it, just make sure it's clean.
Blaze92 Posted December 21, 2014 Author Report Posted December 21, 2014 600w rms should be fine for daily music, maybe bump it up a bit more if Im going to burp it
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 Like strangeduck said, assuming there is nothing very wrong with your two JBL subs and the box they are in, I highly doubt you will get louder with one SA-12. You are cutting your cone area in half. There are a lot of factors that influence performance, so I can't say anything for sure. I'm just doubtful. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.