head phone set ups. post em up!

Sony MDR-XB920's and a Soundblaster X-Fi HD. thinking about getting the MDR Z7's once they're released

So you carry all that with you?

Of course not. The amp is powered by a 120v RMS outlet.

This is for listening to music/movies/gaming at my computer.

Why not put a pair of 9v batteries and a diode in series to power the amp for on-the-go? :) Would be interesting to try it and see how long it would go before the batteries drained.

Because the amp takes AC-AC power, DC isn't used.

makes sense then I guess.

Forgot I should post mine I guess lol..

Amp:

Sansui AU-4400 (a bit dry and low power on the headphone out, going to get a different amp)

Headphones:

Sony MDR-CD380 (rebuild/work required)

Sony MDR-300

Zalman ZM-RS6F with amp (lol)

One of these days i'll get a set of Grado's..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I see a few of you looking for new amps. If you are looking for a portable amp, even for harder to drive headphones, i highly recommend the Cayin C5. It is very powerful and clean and about the size of an iphone 5. It goes head to head with my Schiit Asgard 2. In fact it's difficult to tell a difference between the two except that the Cayin has a couple different sound settings that you can slightly adjust the response curve. It sounds much better than Fiio E11. The Cayin C5 is $170 on amazon. Not cheap, but honestly you don't need a desktop amp with this one.

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

Archived