2014 Silvy build HELP ME!!!!!!

Uncle_Kyle

There is no stock location for tweeters. Was gonna flush them into the A's. And 2 is even better! Saves $100 if I would've gone with the FT1's (which I thought were overkill, but his truck his money his call, ha know?) but I'm sure he'll see more clearly when we talk tomorrow! Haha and he doesn't want the tweets run off of the head unit, wants a separate tweeter amp, and a component amp. So, there's 6 speakers total inside the truck. (2 dash, 1 in each door) from what I hear 6.5's will fit with mdf rings so we're gonna go with those. But should I just find a small 2 channel for the tweets? And what do I do with the 6 interior speakers? 1 amp or 2? I love car audio but I'm kinda noobish, and for that I apologize haha I'm more of the lift, wheels tires and lightbars install guy! Haha

Really push him towards the Soundqubed option. And tell him it doesn't make sense to run the tweeters on a separate amp in this case. That's what the crossovers are for.

Edit: and also to address the other question. Just do door speakers, (4) and be done with it. You're wasting time with the 6.

And run off a single amplifier

And check out my build :P (in reference to the last part of that)

There is no stock location for tweeters. Was gonna flush them into the A's. And 2 is even better! Saves $100 if I would've gone with the FT1's (which I thought were overkill, but his truck his money his call, ha know?) but I'm sure he'll see more clearly when we talk tomorrow! Haha and he doesn't want the tweets run off of the head unit, wants a separate tweeter amp, and a component amp. So, there's 6 speakers total inside the truck. (2 dash, 1 in each door) from what I hear 6.5's will fit with mdf rings so we're gonna go with those. But should I just find a small 2 channel for the tweets? And what do I do with the 6 interior speakers? 1 amp or 2? I love car audio but I'm kinda noobish, and for that I apologize haha I'm more of the lift, wheels tires and lightbars install guy! Haha

Really push him towards the Soundqubed option. And tell him it doesn't make sense to run the tweeters on a separate amp in this case. That's what the crossovers are for.

Gonna do that for sure! And am I seeing this right? Does that come with 2 tweets?

Gonna do that for sure! And am I seeing this right? Does that come with 2 tweets?

Yes. And I edited my last post

So don't worry about replacing the 2 up on the dash? Sounds like this just got a lot easier! And the GMC build is NASTY!!! That truck would be so sexy on some 26x16 Forces on 40's!

I've thought about selling those wheels and going larger rim.... But at the same time I like not having to worry about curbs and small houses on my 40r17s haha

Archived