Sundown Audio

Looking for a new amp for my new car

matt-man

you'lll being wiring your subs to 1 ohm if your going to use 1 amp for both. if you are going to use 2 amps ( 1 per sub), you'd wire each sub to 2 ohms. so look for power ratings at 1 ohm if ur using 1 amp, and 2 ohms if your going to go with 1 amp per sub.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

you'lll being wiring your subs to 1 ohm if your going to use 1 amp for both. if you are going to use 2 amps ( 1 per sub), you'd wire each sub to 2 ohms. so look for power ratings at 1 ohm if ur using 1 amp, and 2 ohms if your going to go with 1 amp per sub.

With a $200 budget he's not running 2 amps, you'd have no known his budget if you took the time to ask instead of rambling on.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

OK well not a whole hell of a lot doesn't help us help you, we need a real $ amount.

About $200 for an amp. Would prefer to keep it cheaper
Soundqubed 1200.1 it's on sale for $215 and probably about the best you'll do with that budget unless you buy used.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

just trying to help the kid know his options, but this ones all you.

Thanks for telling me about the custom built option, I didn't know it made it sound that much better. I'll have to keep that in mind for later on down the road

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

OK well not a whole hell of a lot doesn't help us help you, we need a real $ amount.

About $200 for an amp. Would prefer to keep it cheaper
Soundqubed 1200.1 it's on sale for $215 and probably about the best you'll do with that budget unless you buy used.

It's still too big to fit under the seat. Oh how I wish Jeep had given me more space!

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

A custom box would benefit you a lot more than you think but if it's not in the budget Then wait till you can afford to get it done right.

We all start somewhere and all end up upgrading so starting with a 1k amp and the prefab will be fine and leave you room to upgrade and get more out of what you have later on.

no problem man. its an upgrade driven hobby, you're always looking to make it sound better. go with the soundqubed broke recommended, and then save up some moolah and get yourself a nice sexy enclosure. you'll never look back. good luck man!

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I only plan on keeping the Jeep until I graduate which won't be until spring 2016. My next vehicle will more than likely be a Dakota so that would need a custom underseat box so I'll just wait for that truck to get a custom box built

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

With a $200 budget he's not running 2 amps, you'd have no known his budget if you took the time to ask instead of rambling on.

if you took the time to read the thread u'd have known that that amp is larger than 9'' and won't fit.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived