Sundown Audio

Looking for a new amp for my new car

matt-man

I like the amp to be under the seat and out of sight. I like my systems to look clean and tidy

Not with a pre-fab box...lol...I kid I kid....you can always mount it behind the box....

lol he said he idnt wanna mount to the seat back.

so with that prefab, just get some rubber thingys and mount it to the back of the box... then you'll have extra incentive to get a custom one... hehe :)

although i'd never mount an amp to an enclosure, ive seen lots of ppl do it with no problems.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I like the amp to be under the seat and out of sight. I like my systems to look clean and tidy

Not with a pre-fab box...lol...I kid I kid....you can always mount it behind the box....

lol he said he idnt wanna mount to the seat back.

so with that prefab, just get some rubber thingys and mount it to the back of the box... then you'll have extra incentive to get a custom one... hehe :)

although i'd never mount an amp to an enclosure, ive seen lots of ppl do it with no problems.

I've heard too many bad things about mounting it to the box so I'm not going to chance it

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

Not on the box behind it on the floor...

This box is going into the back of a Grand Cherokee, there is no more room left in the back except for the 7 inches.

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

build an angled piece of wood, bolt the amp to that piece of wood, then set it behind the box. build a sort of triangle that will fit nicely in between the box and the seat back... no holes in seat, no amp on box.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

build an angled piece of wood, bolt the amp to that piece of wood, then set it behind the box. build a sort of triangle that will fit nicely in between the box and the seat back... no holes in seat, no amp on box.

Good idea, but no. It's going under the seat where I want it

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

hahaha you stubborn fuck lol... i love it. okay. well then we are back to square one.

I like it under my seat for the clean look and I can reach under at any time and feel if it's getting hot or not. These Florida summers aren't friendly to amps

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

i hear ya man. im all about clean too... even tho my wiring on my second battery is a total fucking abortion right now. lol ill fix it later... okay.

so u need an amp no more than 9 inches wide... i think we are set on between 1000 and 1200 watts is that correct. and ~200 dollars for budget?

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived