2011 Camaro stock electrical - what can I get away with?

150a stock alternator, stock battery. At idle battery voltage meter read 14.8-15.2v.

Big 3 upgrade will be a problem since the stock battery location is in the trunk, however, the factory wire from alternator to battery is 2awg.

The best I could probably do is replace the factory battery.

Setup will be pretty modest. Three Boston G510 subs in 0.5ft^3 sealed enclosure. I already have my component amp which is a Boston Acoustics GT-40 (60w x 4 @ 4ohm running Image Dynamics CXS65 4 ohm active or 200x2 @ 4ohm if I just use the passives).

I'm still not sure which sub amp I want to use since my electrical will determine what I can get away with.

I'm looking for SQ but 3 of the Boston's should be able get pretty loud, as well. I'd like to push 400w RMS per sub, minimum. If I can't do that I'll drop down to 2 subs.

Using BCAE1's power assistant it looks like I should be able to stay around 110a draw with ~1200w from a class D (80%) efficient amp along with the GT-40 AB amp. Given that I won't be hitting the power draw max very often, if at all, would I be safe with something like the Crescendo BC2000D?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Erik

-=- 2011 Camaro 1LT RS -=- Boston G510-44 X3 -=- Boston GT22 -=- Boston GT40 -=-

-=- 2006 Scion XA -=- Eclipse CD7000 -=- A/D/S PowerPlate 415 -=- ID CXS62 -=-

If you plan on getting a bigger battery I think you'd be find with the crescendo 2000

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Agree 100% that you would have no problem using that amp @ 1 ohm, especially on music. They are prolly fine but I would at least check what the factory grounds consist of. It shouldn't be too hard to upgrade the Big 3 if you wanted to either.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

So he'll drop to 13 volts on the stock alt big whoop I'm sure he'll be okay. If anything just check your voltage to see how bad of a drop your getting

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived