Second Skin Audio

DC Audio M1 XL 18" enclosure suggestions? Ported, 4th, 6th?

goodvibez

well title explains my ?

I just picked up a used dc xl 18" and dont really know what do do enclosure wise. Would love to build a 4th order for it. Only going to be ran off a fosgate t1500.1 @2ohm because its a dual 1 coil.

for ported I think something like 5 cubes net 2 31hz would be a decent design. It's going in a suburban if that helps?

any suggestions from people who have ran this or are familiar with these subs or anything would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance!

20150103_085647_zps6ivxw7w7.jpg

20150103_134903_zpsbra5cyln.jpg

20150103_135154_zpsdtmoolxi.jpg

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

You plan on tuning the 4th to 31hz? Seems a little low to me.

Other than that sub looks nice I'm posted

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

no that would be for a basic ported...i would tune the fourth in the mid to high 40's

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

I wouldn't build a 4th for one of these guys, they fair quite nicely in 6th orders though. This was just 2 18s on 5k:

I ran them standard ported prior to the 6th and 31hz is what I tuned to as well. It would play 23ish into the mid 50s relatively flat. I had them in 6.5 cubes net each however. The 6th played sub 20hz into the low 50s and about 3db higher across the board.

Team NorthWestSPL

Daamn dude! That looks nasty....would love to do a sixth with this :) That looks awesome...except the part where you say they do start to stink lol! but that vid alone is making me want to try one :)

The m1 ' s were rated t 1500? Cool I have an rf power 1500 that will be more what the sub like then :)

I've got xl my 10's rated at 2200 so I thought I would be under powering it.

What kind of ratio was your sixth order at? If you don't mind me asking?

Archived