gage120 Posted January 8, 2015 Report Posted January 8, 2015 I have a sundown sa 12 with a ssl 3300 evo amplifier but I was told it doesn't push out that much watts so I turned the gain little over 3/4ths up its to cold to actually tune it. Am I going to blow it? My lights barely dim with everything stock in a small car. Can someone give me some tips.
Miguels Posted January 8, 2015 Report Posted January 8, 2015 wire it at 1 ohm and lower the gain. gain is not a volume knob. its for you to match it with the input signal my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
gage120 Posted January 8, 2015 Author Report Posted January 8, 2015 I know I want it loud though lol and it is at 1 ohm
Miguels Posted January 8, 2015 Report Posted January 8, 2015 you will damage the amp or the sub. just get a better amp my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
SQL50 Posted January 8, 2015 Report Posted January 8, 2015 I saw your last post. Just letting you know, gain is not a volume control. It's designed to match the preouts of your source unit. Wire the sub to 1 ohm, and use an oscope or dd1 to set the gains. You can search how to set your gains using either tool all over internet. I would do that before getting another amp, if your not satisfied with the results, you need to get an amplifier that actually does rated power.
gage120 Posted January 8, 2015 Author Report Posted January 8, 2015 I try tuning it by ear its kinda hard for me.
Miguels Posted January 8, 2015 Report Posted January 8, 2015 ear? good luck with that my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
gage120 Posted January 8, 2015 Author Report Posted January 8, 2015 Hahah like 40 hz and wait for the tone to change
SQL50 Posted January 8, 2015 Report Posted January 8, 2015 Everyone's ear hears things differently, someone may set the gain too low, or too high into clipping, there's no way of just listening to it to set it just right. You need a oscope or dd1 to set it correctly that way you don't have any issues. If you know someone that has one, borrow it, or if you don't save up some money for one. You'll need it. Sorry If I sound rude, but it's the truth.
gage120 Posted January 8, 2015 Author Report Posted January 8, 2015 Its fine man. If I was to blow it how much is it to repair
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.