Jump to content

suggestions and advice wanted


Ritch40

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am going to be rebuilding things soon and had a few questions. So I figured this would be a great place to pose the questions, and seek some food for thought to research.

I cross my subs 50Hz to 60Hz. So here is where my questions start.

To me any way, I always seems like my 6.5" speakers (be them components or even just drivers Ive bought) always seem to leave something to be desired in the 60Hz to say 200Hz range. I am currently running RE Audio XXX series components and Fosgate PPS4-6.

both of which seem to be struggling in the above mentioned area. I was thinking of adding some 8" drivers to the mix.

Then the question comes up do i want to use an 8" sub, or and 8" mid bass driver?

What advice, suggestions and ideas do you folks have to fix this issue?

Is there anything that has worked well for this in some of your installs?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and for any thoughts you offer up.

Posted

Buy drivers that are meant for what you are trying to do with them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Depends on how high you're wanting to cross them.

I also depends on the placement options you have.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I figure on the bottom end around 60Hz, the top end there abouts of 200Hz. As far as mounting goes, these will be getting mounted in the same area as my components.

Posted

I wouldn't think a sub is going to work out well at 200hz maybe like 60-100 then cross your mids from 80-whatever so you have overlap.

Mounting wise will you have the space required and depth required to mount an actual sub?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1053 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...