Mn-mazda-guy Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Hello. I am working on a box design and I have seen this done to ports with 90 degree angles. I have read that they are added to reduce standing waves. Do i need to adjust the port length due to the volume lost for the piece turning the air? Maybe i am making a big deal out of nothing and the effect is small I Am only running a single 12" dvc sub with 200w per coil. Not thousands of watts like others. Thanks in advance.
Jeff4661 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 Hello. I am working on a box design and I have seen this done to ports with 90 degree angles. I have read that they are added to reduce standing waves. Do i need to adjust the port length due to the volume lost for the piece turning the air? Maybe i am making a big deal out of nothing and the effect is small I Am only running a single 12" dvc sub with 200w per coil. Not thousands of watts like others. Thanks in advance. What did you do to it?Looks like you just but a radius around the port? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Cox Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 The effect will be unnoticeable to the ear. You don't have anything to worry about Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
mrd6 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 I think the OP is referring the 45 he put in the port. To answer your question, yes it will affect port tuning but like Cox said, not enough for you to notice a difference. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Jeff4661 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 Ok yes 45"s in the port help with "smooth" air flow but unless you put huge 45's in the corners and really choke your port. Then in that case you would need to adjust port length to accommodate.. But in Ur case u should be completely fine Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
gckless Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 The 45 or radius actually maintains port area throughout the turn. You make it large enough so that it's the same port area through the turn, for example if it was a 4"H port, then the radius of the circle around the corner would be 4". Maybe I explained that wrong, but it only subtracts an excess of port area in the corner if you size it properly. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.