-
Posts
1871 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Media Demo
Store
Collections
Videos
Everything posted by gckless
-
I'm hoping they will be priced to actually sell a few. I could see $2.5-3k. That's about the average for the boutique-style class A amps out there. Hoping other models are introduced as well, because I could see a 4 channel selling more than the dual mono, but they both have their place. Actually, if Tony would do a 6 channel like this, I'll bet they would sell a lot. I'm willing to bet a 7 channel with at least 1kW sub channel would be a hot product on the market too. Awesome to see development like this regardless, we need less of Power Acoustik-style introductions (starting another thread, because it deserves its own) and more of the high-end stuff.
-
In your opinion, do you think the benefits (the sonic benefits) of Class A in a vehicle outweigh the drawbacks (efficiency, heat, possibly no perceived sound difference because of ambient noise)? Not trying to be sarcastic, I'm curious.
- 81 replies
-
- demo vehicle
- amps
-
(and 8 more)
Tagged with:
-
Damn. Cheesin'! Those are nice wheels though.
- 81 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- demo vehicle
- amps
-
(and 8 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm breaking out the fine China today: And yes, that's a true import, bought in Okinawa.
-
Won't need the coil for power handling purposes, cone would pretty much just be an aesthetic upgrade (some may notice a slight difference in sound, but that's debatable), but direct leads are probably worth getting depending on how you plan on wiring. I had a pair of 10" Level 3s on a DC 2k a couple years ago. They never protested, and got down pretty good. You'll be happy with the right enclosure.
-
Just within the past couple weeks I've been getting video ads randomly playing while this forum is open, no matter what section I'm viewing. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. Chrome usually shuts them down within a couple seconds of them starting, but not every time. This might possibly be due to my upgrade to Windows 10. Was around the same time, but might just be coincidental. I also get it on my desktop, and I didn't before. Is this something the admins just enabled, or should I be looking at my own computers?
-
2.0K into protect on cold starts
gckless replied to emurra7's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
The 2.0k I used to have did the exact same thing, didn't like ~15.0V or above. Explanation I got from DC was that some amps have different tolerances and it's just the way it is. -
Oh man none of that PG Zen9? How about Kicker's booth? They have a line of SQ amps with DSP built in coming out, did you swing by there at all?
-
XS Power super caps?????????
gckless replied to audiofanaticz's topic in XS Power Batteries / Chargers! (and other stuff too)
So, both Maxwell and Ioxus have preassembled banks exactly like they are proposing. Curious to see if they are going to be doing something different, lower price, better casing, anything really. Hope it's not just a sticker with markup, which I don't necessarily expect.
