Alpine multimedia processor

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

the PXA-H701 processor & Alpine RUX-C701 controller. I saw this add a local car show hooked up to a carputer(no HU) i was astonished by it. i was wondering if any of you played with one of them?

5ab112su7.jpg

ruxc7014bx0.jpg

I had the 510 and loved it. I might get another or upgrade to the 701 when I do

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

No it's more for 5.1 surround sound the anything else.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Guest MegaloManiac

No it's more for 5.1 surround sound the anything else.

that means it can right? since there are 5.1 channels....

can u recomend any other that can...besides the pioneer p9

• 3 weeks later...

Megalo, I have been using this processor now for almost 3yrs and yes it will do 4 way no problem...if your interest is in doing 5.1, then it wont...you have to use rear outputs for one of the stages..I have mine as rear midbass front low mid front high horns..you can still do center if you want with the center but you lose the rear section, which imo, you dont want in a sq setup anyways

tuning possibilities are pretty much endless and in some instances, a little better than the P9..it has better x/o options than the P9 and a little better in the TA functions as well....this is becoming a really popular processor in the sq scene in iasca and other orgs as well

Mine is actually a pxa-h700, but it is the same as yours or the 701...I have an imported japan model with the blue controller...the us version of the 700 was green....It really is a pretty limitless processor in its capabilities and I recommend anyone that is really looking for a sq unit all in one, this is it..it don't have a big line driver like some others, but really you dont need it if the rest of the system is adequate....if you run a dvd unit alpine like the w200, 310 etc with screens, or the 9860/61 standalone's, you dont have to actually have the controller.....the head unit will control it...also, any non alpine head unit you connect to the processor, you will have to use volume control through processor unless you max the processor volume and then control it from head

You can d/l the manual from alpine if you want to see the abilities it has in full, but i'm not sure the us site has it....may be europe...but it is the same processor worldwide...or of course, if you need any other info, i'll be glad to comment further if needed as well

Guest MegaloManiac

Thank you for the comment. I dont own a 701/700 yet. I'm looking for one though. I want to use the controller so i can get rid of my HU. I plan on utilizing the optical input....I have a Carputer BTW. Only thing id be lacking is the radio, which i nver use any ways honestly my presets arent even set lol. Yep I am against refill. My plans' are doing a 4 way active.  If you see any for sale with a controller(i dont care if its the 701 or the 700 controller and processor)

I know the 700 and 701 procesor are the same unit except for 1 small fix on the 701 has resolved. the 700 had a TA problem when iot kicks in,its not noticeable to the everyday "Joe", but its been fixed.

SQ setups are fun :matrix:

edit: Welcome to the Forum! Slick

-mir

Thx for the welcome, I got word of this site from another site I frequent and thought I would check it out..I just didnt want you to steer away from the processor from bad information..this will indeed work great for a carputer..and yes, I would definatly do the digital input if doing so to eliminate the gain hiss caused by "some" rca or analog inputs..there are ways around it in setup to eliminate 90% of the issues you read about..you will definatly need the rux for volume control and tuning which i'm guessing this is why you want it anyways...I will keep my eyes open for one for you!!

Guest MegaloManiac

I had the chance to play with the unit at a local show. they also had a carputer. the options on it are end less imo. I love how it has a volume control. it seems like this unit was designed for carputers :).  good lookin out man. if u got pics of ur setup I'd like to see it.

-Mir