Second Skin Audio

08 Silverado ext cab wall question (again :P)

Cynicz

Hey there guys, i made a post trying to determine my next build a couple weeks ago. Ive finally gotten pretty set on what im going to run.

4x psi platform3 15s
2x b2audio zero.7s (should see about 9k each @ 0.25 ohm if i keep my voltage up) already have the amps in, sitting under my bed waiting the pounding :D
I plan on sticking with 1x 300amp alt for now, running to my main battery (yellowtop) and back to my bed where my caps will be.

im trying to get my company i work for to email maxwell in attempt to get a wholesale account. if so ill probably buy roughly 10 banks (60 caps) brand new, if not ill search for good used banks.

ok on to my questions.
I plan on drilling 4 holes in my firewall for 2 power and 2 ground runs, going under the carpet, under the passenger seat then back to my bed toolbox where i will be housing my cap banks. My question being without cutting a hole in the back wall and bed, how can I route my wires to the toolbox? I was thinking running the 4 alternator runs through the passenger side vents, Then running my 24 amp runs (6 power 6 ground for each amp) through the driver side vent. 12 grounds going straight down to the frame that will be sanded, cleaned with break cleaner then probably weld a bolt to the frame so I can attach a grounding plate (with 6 more bolts). then cut a hole in the toolbox to allow my 12 power runs through to the cap banks. Will this work and will there be enough room in the vent? I figured i could fit 3 wires horrizontally through the vent and stack them 8 high to get all 24 through it.

now another question, how will i seal the hole in the toolbox and airvent holes up to keep water out. ill probably still transport my crotch rocket and four wheeler in the bed so being able to just pressure wash my truck and truck bed to clean it out is the goal.

im trying to prevent any major modifications to my truck so its all removable in the future.

i may have more questions later.

Wrong section

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived