99blazer Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 I see a lot of people here trying out 6th orders around and I thought I would try my hand in one. This is a build just for fun and i wanted to get opinions on it. the sub is an old memphis audio. 15ms-104 and what i came up with on the sixth was 1.73 cubes on the back side with a port tuning of 34hz with 15.62 sq of port and on the front chamber 1 cube with a tuning of 55hz wtih 25sq of port. and it will only have about 100w going to it. does this look about right? any input is appreciated. 08 Ford F150
OldsBoomer Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 What size sub? Try making the back port smaller with lower tunning Suburban Coming Soon
99blazer Posted January 16, 2015 Author Report Posted January 16, 2015 just a little ten. so like maybe shrinking it to like 12.5x1 and shortening the length to 15 would bring it down to 32hz 08 Ford F150
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 What are your port velocities for front and rear at 100 watts? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
99blazer Posted January 16, 2015 Author Report Posted January 16, 2015 rear peaks at 12 front peaks at 6 08 Ford F150
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Those are pretty low, which doesn't hurt anything. If you want to save some space though you could decrease the port area on both until they get to around 15-17 m/sec. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
99blazer Posted January 17, 2015 Author Report Posted January 17, 2015 space isn't a huge issue. would it really be worth it to shrink it though? 08 Ford F150
99blazer Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 I am going to start building this soon and I have a question about the chart. I have heard that some songs are recorded at like 0db to -5db correct me if I am wrong I am new to this build style. But my question is will it play these songs even though its showing its peak up around 4db. Like I said I am new to using this build style so any help is appreciated. 08 Ford F150
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 I am going to start building this soon and I have a question about the chart. I have heard that some songs are recorded at like 0db to -5db correct me if I am wrong I am new to this build style. But my question is will it play these songs even though its showing its peak up around 4db. Like I said I am new to using this build style so any help is appreciated. The graph in WinISD showing dB of gain, and the dB level songs are recorded at are two totally different things, you will be fine. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
99blazer Posted January 28, 2015 Author Report Posted January 28, 2015 ok I appreciate it very much. 08 Ford F150
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.