Perks of going to COLLEGE.

He has his truck. Trust me when.I tell you I want to help.him with his truck because I see his frustration. We are polar opposites. He knows what's wrong but has limited funds, where I have funds but don't know what's wrong. lol. Giving a check will not help him.find his way. Devin on the other hand is college bound so she gets the funds. $$ is a perk.

This will be my second vehicle so I can work on the Jimmy or Bimmer without fear of being out of a vehicle for the day.

-Frank

Time for some 5% llumar tint on all 3 windows. I've taken all my vehicles to this place since I was 25. They do the rear glass all in one piece which I really like.

Now to sleep and wake up @ 3pm and decide if I want to work later on today.

IMAG1283_zpsibrk6etd.jpg

Somewhere down the road I will change out these cheesy slash exhaust tips for some 3-3.5 in. megaphone rolled angled tips or spring for the SLP big mouth skinny oval tips.

I like the way this guy dressed his V6 with SLP parts.

-Frank

• 2 weeks later...

I was called off today, so the new box, or at least the prototype is being build out of scrap wood. It's going to be very similar to the prefab boxes Ebay sells. I'm already at 0.83cf with the small portion of the box. I think I will get close to 3cf, but I need 3.75 ported. I may have to make the box L shaped and bring the slant (fake cargo cover) forward for a semi stealth look incase people look in the car from the front. The fake cargo cover will be speaker grill material covering the 3 ID 12's. We shall see.

IMAG1319_zpsgipzeiox.jpg

-Frank

That area isn't as big as you think. I glassed the whole rear trunk and used an MDF top for two 15"s sealed.

Prep

3425480021_large.jpg

MDF sealed to fiberglass tub/body

3425480015_large.jpg

Almost finished

3425480039_large.jpg

Yeah yeah. Don't make fun of the equipment or my work. It was nearly 15 years ago. I was young and that shit banged.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

That area isn't as big as you think. I glassed the whole rear trunk and used an MDF top for two 15"s sealed.

Prep

3425480021_large.jpg

MDF sealed to fiberglass tub/body

3425480015_large.jpg

Almost finished

3425480039_large.jpg

Yeah yeah. Don't make fun of the equipment or my work. It was nearly 15 years ago. I was young and that shit banged.

Wow! I'm doing the EXACT same thing. Bringing the slant as close to the Lanzar amps as I can. Great minds think alike!

As far the glass, yes I was thinking about glassing around the lock in the center. I may have to glass the shape of the right side plastic where the spare tire sits, than cut it out and throw speaker grill cloth over the shape so the ports can breath. Exiting from the right, and into the cabin.

-Frank

This is where I'm at right now. Almost used up all of my scrap wood.

IMAG1321_zpsobxrlnmj.jpg

Looks like I have just about 3.69 cf. Ofcourse, I need to factor in the walls which may decrease it back to about 3.3-3.4cf. It should increase again as I push the slant forward a few inches.

IMAG1320_zpshwp2zz97.jpg

-Frank

Firebirddude, you're absolutely right, so after thinking about it I went with another design. Not as stealth, but it should be plenty loud. I built the enclosure last night and the port this am since I could not put 3 ports in at equal distances facing to the back.

Here is the new design, based on the old box. 3.60 cf. I needed 3.96 cf for 3 12's. Hopefully the .36 cf won't make a huge difference considering I.D. calls for 1.0-1.5 ported per sub. I am assuming the 3" round port was factored into their requirement since they only mention sub displacement.

I hope I did the math right. The round port per sub is 3" x 14.375".

So 1.5 squared x 3.14= 7.065 x's 3 ports=21.195 port area. So I made a 3x7 port 14.375" long.

IMAG1325_zpsmjsk2ma8.jpg

The back of the box does not allow for clearance of the rear hatch, so I had to notch the ends. The amps will be go in the cargo bay.

Please let me know I did the port measurements correctly because once I finish having breakfast I want to finish this enclosure and see what it sounds like.

-Frank

Archived