Second Skin Audio

DC audio XL 12" Box design

xBridges

Anyone have a box design I could use for 2 XL 12" subs? I have to build a box for a wood shop class I am in and don't want the box to be bad. I have some general knowledge about boxes and everything just need some specs to do off of. Thanks!

Need more info of your build. Like how much power you running, dimensions of your available space, type of music you listen to, type of car, etc. No 1 will suggest without proper info. Post those to start the ball rolling

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

running 2200.1 sound qubed amp. Listen to mostly rap or decafs music. going into a 2 door car. I would like the box to be around 5.5 to 6 cubes. Its going to replace the backseat and going to try a half wall type of style because the opening to my trunk is not very big and makes it difficult to get a bigger box in it. The car is a 2002 dodge stratus coupe

Man I wish I had that woodshop class in HS. Thats all I have to add.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Those subs require 1.5 cubes at rated power. Due to the underpowering a bigger box will be fine but probably around 2.5cubes per sub. Going any larger than 5 cubes for both might lead to very bad mechanical control and very boomy bass. So a 5 cube box tuned to around 33-35hz would work well in my opinion. Just set gains and subsonic properly

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Do you have plans for a box?

If you post the dimensions you have to work with in the backseat I myt be able to come up with measurements

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

My google sketchup is triping so I can't post a blueprint. But the dimensions I got for a 5 cube double baffled box @ 35hz is 20H x 44W x 18D for the external measures. Then slot port in the middle should be 5" wide and 18.5" tall, then physical port length is 23.5" deep.. I hope that can help without a sketch

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

• 4 years later...

looking at a uncommon box design..looking at either 4x12s or 4x15s. with slot port.i hav a toyota tazz hatchback..hav 2x deep cycle batteries aswell with 2xslabs..1x25k mono and  1x4ch amp..running with a sony usb deck..parametric..super tweeters and 6x9s in front doors...plz contact me via email on [email protected] thankz vinny

Archived