Alternator Problem Yet Again...

Well i have bought a Iraggi Alternator (220amp) about 2 weeks ago installed it everything worked fine until today i was listening to music and notice a burning smell(not amps or subs) like tires burning so I cut everythng off and pulled over after looking at my car and everything i notice my volts were only at 12v then i rev the engine alittle and it went to 12.2v before it would be about 14.2 then idle around 13.6-13.7..I was going to upgrade the wires some more today once i got paid because my big 3 is done in 4 gauge and my wires going to the second battery is 1/0 gauge. I was going to add 1/0 to the big there and do another run of 1/0 until i can get some more money..I check all the grounds and amps and everything seems fine but for some reason my volts are at 12v only..what happened? I didnt blow and fuses i check them too..

Update..on the way home from work with the lights on no radio volts were at 11.3..

-the battey in the rear bolt and threaded stud is welded together

-the same bolt looks alittle burnt

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

sounds like your alt needs a new belt and to be tightend , the belt sliping was the burnt smell and the reason when you reved it up you got 12.2 instead of 12, to tell if the belt is sliping but not squealing is to run the motor a minute or 2 and turn off and put your hand on the face of the pully, if its super hot then its sliping and needs to be tighter, if its just warm from the motor then its fine.... check that before you assume the alts gone bad

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

sounds like your alt needs a new belt and to be tightend , the belt sliping was the burnt smell and the reason when you reved it up you got 12.2 instead of 12, to tell if the belt is sliping but not squealing is to run the motor a minute or 2 and turn off and put your hand on the face of the pully, if its super hot then its sliping and needs to be tighter, if its just warm from the motor then its fine.... check that before you assume the alts gone bad

that would explain why it somethimes start to squeal in the morning(never did that prior to the alternator) well i will be changing out hte rear battery and will be buying a new belt torrommow..

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

Ok everyone i took out the alternator today and notice that a part inbetween the case where its solder to another part has been broken.(im hoping that the only problem) I emailed Dom and prolly will call torrommow I also notice some solder resin on the case like alittle sloppy job. I know when i bought the alternator he was busy getting tons of alternators ready for SBN.. i just hope he didnt rushed the job..

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

Archived