rockFord_Expedition's Rebuild (Old School RF, SMD/D'Amore, CE Auto Electric, DC Power, XS Power, SHCA) lots of pics inside

you can unbolt the alternator and spin the case to move the charging stud.. when i got my singer the stud was on the bottom of the alt. i had a mechanic change my power steering and asked to put the singer on. he said i had the wrong one and had to return it. i told him no i can just loosen it up and move it. he said it wouldnt work. i went to sears bought the sockets and fixed it myself. alt charges like it should and i have no issues.. i have done it couple times. even took one apart to fix the one on my truck back in 2006

In my case, the new charge lead leans in a more convenient direction; towards the battery so I am going to leave it as is but I do appreciate the pointer.

This is my 12 year old sealed box before I took it out. Made it out of 3/4 MDF and it has stood the test of time, as have the subs. They're weak, especially by todays standards, but I'll never get rid of em.

2012-07-11_17-11-02_987.jpg

My amps on the old amp rack, which is being replaced by something new I have in mind, and a volt meter that came with my old 1 farad RF caps. The bd1500 is missing the center oval logo in this pic and it also has the end caps from another 4 channel that I gave to a buddy. It was a power 750x. I ditched the caps and removed the volt meter from one of them and flush mounted it into the amp rack. The + and - wires from the volt meter are connected to the distribution block mounting screws underneath. Yes, that is red ground wire, I hadn't gotten around to adding any tech flex yet. Since this pic I scored the RF logo I need from Smoove, he's been really good to me for a long time. I also found the proper end caps so the rebuild will show the bd1500 in it's original form. Thanks again Smoove. Again, this is the OLD setup that I am redoing. Amps are staying, everything else is coming out.

2012-07-11_17-10-40_97.jpg

2012-07-11_17-10-48_106.jpg

i dont care if they are weak.. they are the best sounding subs i ever had

Dude, sealed up, these things sounded so good on the bd1500. They never seen full power though since I was wired to about 2.6 nominal iirc

This is my 12 year old sealed box before I took it out. Make it out of 3/4 MDF and it has stood the test of time, as have the subs. They're weak, especially by todays standards, but I'll never get rid of em.

2012-07-11_17-11-02_987.jpg

Punch HX2? So nice....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i dont care if they are weak.. they are the best sounding subs i ever had

Dude, sealed up, these things sounded so good on the bd1500. They never seen full power though since I was wired to about 2.6 nominal iirc

i had mine on the 800 watt amp. same bd model had 12's wired at 2 ohms on a fosgate enclosure with aero port. it sounded very clear

A couple during pics of the crimp. I need two hands to work the crimper so taking pics during was difficult.

20141114_182811_zpsurhmldjf.jpg

20141114_182838_zpszmt0dcaz.jpg

before 3:1 adhesive lined heat shrink

20141116_124240_zpsejbh6mt7.jpg

Archived