rockFord_Expedition's Rebuild (Old School RF, SMD/D'Amore, CE Auto Electric, DC Power, XS Power, SHCA) lots of pics inside

i have one of those caps. they do help out. back when my alt was 60a i would drop to 9v at the dash and would shut my deck off. after installing the cap it help to mid 10v and deck didnt turn off. those are dash voltage. i havent figured out why so much drop. i might just go direct to the battery with a relay to power all my dash

i havent checked my reading with my singer but if its anything to what my epic 160 says then the alt hrelped. now it says 13.1

Now for ideas of the amp rack. Remember those seat bolt holes on the part of the floor that was at an angle? That's what I want to secure the amp rack to, but I want it to sit vertically behind the second row so I had to get a little creative.

Got the size of the rack down, now just messing with placement to come up with something i Like.

What is that Rockford product in the middle??

You are either talking about the crossover or the capacitor. The thing with the single wire coming out is a 10 farad capacitor. The little black box under the square is a crossover for a set of components.

It must be the capacitor lol, I recognize those crossovers. Does a 10 farad cap make a difference?

I would like to think so. This setup (amp/sub configuration) hasn't ran without it so I have no testing to back it up but I have really stout electrical for the amount of power I am running so I am sure it isn't hurting anything. It's an RF electronic product so I trust it's quality.

Not mounted yet, just placed to check that it fits right, that I can access the bolts, and to check my wire lengths. Still not playing at this point, but this is what it will look like. Take it or leave it, I am pleased.

20150124_145938_zpsfifmsfsr.jpg

any reason to why the comps are in the rear facing the tailgate?

edit: is it facing tailgate?

It does look that way but that is actually the view sitting in the drivers seat looking back.

Archived