juan777 Posted February 9, 2015 Report Posted February 9, 2015 Love this work! Good to see some more people taking advantage of these woofers. Alpine isn't given enough credit in my opinion, they make some good products. i couldn't agree more, but totally disagree at the same time! a few of there Amps are awesome! but not worth the price in my eyes. and the Type E and Type S suck balls! so far these subs seem like the bargain sub of the year. for a sub that retails for around $75 bucks to actually play well below 30hz is a huge win in my book. I've always loved the Type R subs myself. love the pillar pods man, makes me want to get going on mine! You can get them off of Amazon for like $49 a sub lol so far there worth every penny I paid for them. I still have 1 Type R from my temp setup in the L@zy Hoe, I sold 2 to a buddy and they are pounding hard Sold 1 to another buddy and he got a little happy with the bass knob and blew it The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
Shenker Posted February 9, 2015 Report Posted February 9, 2015 Love this work! Good to see some more people taking advantage of these woofers. Alpine isn't given enough credit in my opinion, they make some good products.i couldn't agree more, but totally disagree at the same time!a few of there Amps are awesome! but not worth the price in my eyes. and the Type E and Type S suck balls! so far these subs seem like the bargain sub of the year. for a sub that retails for around $75 bucks to actually play well below 30hz is a huge win in my book. I've always loved the Type R subs myself. love the pillar pods man, makes me want to get going on mine! You can get them off of Amazon for like $49 a sub lol so far there worth every penny I paid for them. I still have 1 Type R from my temp setup in the L@zy Hoe, I sold 2 to a buddy and they are pounding hardSold 1 to another buddy and he got a little happy with the bass knob and blew it Yeah I suppose I should have been more clear, type e and s are overpriced, and their amps cost a fortune vs other amps. I'm a big type r fan as well. Never used their bassline stuff before. -If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome. -"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever. 04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction) 4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz /////Alpine Crescendo KnuKoncepts Optima SHCA Build Thread 92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~ Gutted pipes 96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi) -System Removed- 1 10 on 1kW 89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis" Bone Stock Possibly going to stance it
Jeff4661 Posted February 9, 2015 Author Report Posted February 9, 2015 Awhile ago I had a pair of type x 12s and I was very satisfied with those on only 800rms Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 Made a BIG purchase from sky high car audio today.. stay tuned to see the details ? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 Got a little anxious today so I threw my A pillar in the YUKONG to see how it looked... I definitely think using that front windshield will give me tones of highs Now back to finishing them Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Got some free time at work and made some very simple CAD/CAM files of my battery terminals.. Hopefully going to buy the aluminum for them this week then it will be time to machine them Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Aj11 Posted February 14, 2015 Report Posted February 14, 2015 never cared for the type x, same rating as the r for twice the price. my boy has one with a spl recone.... was ok.... still not worth twice as much as a r. but a solid sub. i seen a video of a X on a sundown 2500.1 breaking apart a prefab box. i can't remember if was on YouTube or a video my Buddy had, but it was pretty cool to see. from loading it in the box to the box being so badly broken the sub couldn't brake it anymore was less then a minute....prolly a pro box lmfao! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Jeff4661 Posted February 14, 2015 Author Report Posted February 14, 2015 never cared for the type x, same rating as the r for twice the price. my boy has one with a spl recone.... was ok.... still not worth twice as much as a r. but a solid sub. i seen a video of a X on a sundown 2500.1 breaking apart a prefab box. i can't remember if was on YouTube or a video my Buddy had, but it was pretty cool to see. from loading it in the box to the box being so badly broken the sub couldn't brake it anymore was less then a minute....prolly a pro box lmfao! Yea I'll Give you that on them being close to the type r.. I paid $200 for my pair of type x 12"s so I figured I did ok Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted February 14, 2015 Author Report Posted February 14, 2015 So got the aluminum for my battery terminals today... I started cutting out all mine and 2 for a friend (aj11) . 98% pure aluminum t6 grade.. very conductive... [/url Also had the alternators tested for output at idle, something I've been kinda curious about since buying them... I paid 180 an alternator so $360 for the pair.. And they put out 135 amps per alternator at 400-450rpm... So I should be plenty fine. My alternator friend is going to play with a spare one and see what it does with an under drive pulley on it.. I was rather impressed needless to say Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted February 17, 2015 Author Report Posted February 17, 2015 So I've made good progress on my A Pilar's not done yet I took them out for wetsanding today.. Gotta pick up some clearcoat tommarow.. Anyway here's some pictures. Not to bad for a first timer I'd say.. Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.