tbeats Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 OK so I know the past kicker CVR 12 is a 2 inch voice coil 400 watt RMS ... The newer compR 12 kicker is saying is a 800 watt RMS sub and now have revised as a 500 RMS .. So who really knows . any clue what size coil is in the 12 inch to get the increase in power handling?
SQL50 Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 Sometimes depending on the brand/line, when manufacturers update their woofers they may keep the same size coil but develop a more efficient cooling design resulting in higher power handling. I'm not sure about those subs though.
tbeats Posted January 31, 2015 Author Report Posted January 31, 2015 Sometimes depending on the brand/line, when manufacturers update their woofers they may keep the same size coil but develop a more efficient cooling design resulting in higher power handling. I'm not sure about those subs though. that was pretty much my thoughts being its the same price as the CVR was.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.