seattlelife22 Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 I am using the box tune calculater app. Trying to build a box for two 12 p3s. So I put the dimensions in the calculater. I also figured out the port width. I wanted to do the port on the side so with whatever they give me for port width is that what I use or do I double it? If I keep it in the middle it stays the same cause there is two different chambers correct? I am struggling with this. First box build didnt turn out as planned.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 Could you give us a picture? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are asking. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
seattlelife22 Posted January 31, 2015 Author Report Posted January 31, 2015 I cant figure out how to post a pic from my phone.
CleanSierra Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 Post it to an image hosting site like Photobucket. One it's uploaded to the image hosting site, copy the IMG tag and paste it here in a text box. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Jeff4661 Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 I cant figure out how to post a pic from my phone. I have the same app I'll post a picture for ya Here is the layout [/url[url=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Jeffrey_Rollenhagen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-01-31-16-16-51_zpslbkqzlxq.png.html] Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted January 31, 2015 Report Posted January 31, 2015 I am using the box tune calculater app. Trying to build a box for two 12 p3s. So I put the dimensions in the calculater. I also figured out the port width. I wanted to do the port on the side so with whatever they give me for port width is that what I use or do I double it? If I keep it in the middle it stays the same cause there is two different chambers correct? I am struggling with this. First box build didnt turn out as planned. If I understand you correctly you just need to design your box in BTC for your both your p3s.. if you have the propor port area your tuning should be ok Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
seattlelife22 Posted January 31, 2015 Author Report Posted January 31, 2015 I just did a dummy box... the max dimensions I can go are 15h 20d 34w to get 34.5 it calls for a 2.5 wide port. Is that right? btw thanks for posting that.
seattlelife22 Posted January 31, 2015 Author Report Posted January 31, 2015 The amp I am running is 1500bdcp
seattlelife22 Posted February 1, 2015 Author Report Posted February 1, 2015 Got it all squared away. Built it today. thanks guys
Jeff4661 Posted February 1, 2015 Report Posted February 1, 2015 Got it all squared away. Built it today. thanks guys How does it sound? IMO as long as you can give the subs ambel amount of airspace matched with the proper port area... It's a combination of many things that make a good sounding sub box.. The width and height of a port don't have to be exact numbers as long as the total area is good in relation to subwoofers Xmax and cone area Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.