Second Skin Audio

Ideas/Suggestions With My Available Space and Power

First off, this isn't one of those damn "I have a dream" threads. I actually own some of the equipment for my next build and want some human input to help educate me before I select the rest.

My usable dimensions are 49*25*40 which is roughly 28cu.ft. gross.

This is the back of a Ford Expedition

I have a DC 270XP and will add appropriate reserve when the time comes, so please don't tell me how many more batteries I need, I will handle that. For now ive got a XS D6500 under the hood.

I have a DC 5.0k to use.

I want to go with 18's but if there is a strong argument as to why 15's or any other size would be better with this power and space I am open for suggestions. I want to be able to play around 30 - 50 pretty authoritatively.

So with the above info, what quantity, brands and models of subwoofers would you guys recommend, and what type of enclosure? I am not walling it and I don't want huggers from different brands to get into a pissing contest over brand preferences, but rather want to hear fact based suggestions as to why a certain quantity of a given model will do well in this scenario when compared to others since I can't afford to just buy em and try em until I find what I like.

Thanks in advance guys.

^ Waiting on income tax just like me. But to put some input in on your question, look into the most cone area/mechanical extension/motor force you can run on that sort of power. & that's going to yield the best results, in most scenarios. Nobody has that same vehicle, equipment, goals, and can't 100% tell you what you exactly need to do. But that's what I would personally research first.

Archived