Dan21j Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Was thinking w30 h20 d24 = 6.86 - .26 sub dis 6.6 6" d aero port 9" l 30hz is this good or should I switch size or port types
Cj Kumz Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 The space is dependent on how much power you running. Also could you clear up the specs for the aero port? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Dan21j Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 2500 rms http://www.parts-express.com/precision-port-6-flared-port-tube-kit--268-354 that should be the link to the aero port
Cj Kumz Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 A 6 inch aero port gives 28 sq inches or port area. That is what is generally recommended for a 12 inch sub. But for an 18 inch sub far much more will be needed especially for a level 5. You stand a great chance of running into port noise with low port area. Personally my minimum would be around 65-70 sq inches of port area for an 18 though you might need more. Though you might be able to get away with 2 6'' ports. Or why don't you just build a slotted port, its so much easier to get the port area you want that way. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Dan21j Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Thought aero would be easy guess I'll go with slot port if I do a 3" port by 20" high the box is 6.6 cubes after sub displacement that means I need a 20.8" port ???
ToNasty Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 a 6" aerp for a 15 is fine, aeros are more efficient so less port area is needed. Atleast thats how i understood it ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Cj Kumz Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I have noticed you haven't added an extra baffle on your box. You will definitely need 1 for your box. If you want a basic design here's something: It's a 5.5 cube box tuned to around 35 hz. This can work well with your sub especially if you plan on running rated power in the near future. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Dan21j Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Hey thanks do u think you could do that for 30hz I like lows and it's a m1 so it's on rated power and should I add and bracing
Cj Kumz Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Just increase the port length but you will be sacrificing more space which you already low on. What are you max dimensions?? Are you able to increase the box size? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Dan21j Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Yea I can go about 1' in hight in 8" in depth
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.