tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Ok so I got a 3.5 cf box tuned at 35hz ported Btw thanks joeX it's great The box holds a single 15inch dvc 2 ohm alpine type r believe model number is 1522D I really couldn't find a amp I liked at a price I liked Sub is rated at 750rms was told it can hold more. I purchased a hifonics brx1200.1d amp 450rms@4ohm 800rms@2 1200rms@1 Cea approved Wondering if I should attempt 1 ohm load Also the amp has 2 channels should I use 1 or both of them
Miguels Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 amp is not 2 channels .1 tells you its 1 channel .2 is 2 channels they made it that way for easy wiring so yes you can wire one per coil with no issues my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 O the pic on Amazon showed 1200.1 with 2 channels
Miguels Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D D-Class Mono Block 1 x 450 @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 900 @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1200 @ 1 OHM by Hifonics mono means one channel my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 If u type in brx1200.1d it's first one to pop. Up on Amazon.com sorry I can't post link to make it easier for u
Miguels Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 If u type in brx1200.1d it's first one to pop. Up on Amazon.com sorry I can't post link to make it easier for u i found it and no its not 2 channels its .1 not .2 my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
SQL50 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 It's for ease of use, more installation flexibility. If you had two dual 4 subs both wired to 2 ohms going separately into each channel, you would have a 1 ohm load. Just pick whichever + or - side you want and drop that sub to 1 ohm, it should do just fine. Oscope or dd1 it to make sure you have a clean signal.
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Ok makes sense now lol . I'm nervous about 1 ohm load though I think I'll do 4 ohm load until I want more bass lol
Miguels Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 that amp wont put out 1200 watts, if anything 900 would be it at 1 ohm. i had the brx2400 and after tuning my gains it sounded like a 1500 watt amp my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Ok I'll try it also might take it 2 custom sounds have em put it on a test run see what it puts down
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.