Solar Battery? 1 Batt 258amp hours @ 24 hour rate?

http://www.sunxtender.com/solarbattery.php?id=11

I have one of these in my posesion and would like to hear comments on my choice of using this for rear battery bank reserve being fed by a xs power d4800 up front and a 370 amp alternator. 258AH seems legit to me out of one battery but do I have to worry about that much reserve feeding back into my oem electronics/audi 99 a4 1.8t 90 amp original alternator. Any down sides to using solar batteries? It is listed as an AGM battery so my thought is they are like my XS D4800 AGM and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Current build

300amp alt

(1) xs power d4800 up front

(1) Optima yellow top 34 out back

All 1/0 skyhigh car audio power and ground including big 3/4

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

front doors 5.25" memphis mclass comps don't recall exact model#

future plans to run (2) pair 6-8" mids each front door.

rear ski port 6.75" Alpine Type X pro series running passive

rear doors factory 5.25" need better speakers.

(1) ? sub amp maybe sundown saz-4500d

(1) ? Subwoofer maybe team 15"

getting by with a db drive 2400.1 class ab amp thats doing a good 660ish

watts rms to single JL audio 13w6v2 @ 2ohms

box 2.86 cubes slot port 32hrz

def need way more batteries.

https://instagram.com/p/4w51kBrX9g/?taken-by=boost_syndicate

http://www.sunxtender.com/solarbattery.php?id=11

I have one of these in my posesion and would like to hear comments on my choice of using this for rear battery bank reserve being fed by a xs power d4800 up front and a 370 amp alternator. 258AH seems legit to me out of one battery but do I have to worry about that much reserve feeding back into my oem electronics/audi 99 a4 1.8t 90 amp original alternator. Any down sides to using solar batteries? It is listed as an AGM battery so my thought is they are like my XS D4800 AGM and please correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I have been told "to much reserve" is a non-existent thing because your car electronics only ask for what they need. You can however damage your electronics by charging at to high of a voltage. But in your case however, you will be ok. Hopefully someone smarter than I can chime in about that 160lb battery!

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Yeah its a beast of a battery and its dead weight so it seems heavier than what it is.

I guess its not so much the reserve I am worried about but the amperage that this battery may discharge.

I Understand how a battery will only discharge what is requested from it but when you have so much expendable amperage on reservebeing sischarged,

will it have a tendancy to pulse and feedback through all other wires if one were to suddenly turn off the "amp draw" I'm worried about this flowing

current having to deviate from where it was going.

I have read alot regarding voltage and amerage and resistance but never seen an example regarding my concern.

Electricity is often explained by using example like rivers and the water flowing through it and garden hoses with water flowing through it.

If you open a garden hose up and flow 120+psi and suddenly you turn it off, well either the hose swells or it will compress enough to find a void to flow out of.

With this said... will a factory gauge wire lets say 18 Gauge have to endure or absorbe that unspent amperage that was flowing and if it does will it super heat and fail?

I can see how resistance will play a factor in slowing down over current either through the autos chassis or through the 1/0 that that has to make its way back to the

front of the car.

Now its common to see several batteries all strapped together in parallel and for example each battery will have the ability to discharge lets say 100 AH. and

for argument sake we will run 10 batteries...

When the discharge of these batteries are suddenly turned off, well then all of the batteries are able to obsorb the back feed collectively.

Are the batteries all discharging 100AH or are they discharging 1000AH collectively?

This is what effectivly makes my argument. An electrical battery discharging 258AH will only absorbe so much when the system is shunted.

100AH is one thing but 258AH and 1000AH is a whole lot more.

So this brings me back to my other question...

Will 10 batteries discharging 100amp each be discharging 100AH or 1000AH?

Am I making sense or is absorbing 258AH vs 100AH still safe to obsorb if system is shunted?

Is it safe to trust a singular 300 amp fuse at the front battery to shunt an unwanted lectrical backfeed?

Solar battery is rated @ 258Amp hours per 24 hour period. Based on the chart it will only be able to discharge at the rate of 165AH if I tried discharging the battery within

a1 hour period.

Another concern rises from this situation because I will now worry about the battery now being to far dipleted to cycle properly and recharge with out doing damage to the alternator.

I want to setup the electrical system to not only be safe but reliable. I wanna see this setup survive for the long run and not place uneeded stress if I can help it.

Damn what a rant lol.

Current build

300amp alt

(1) xs power d4800 up front

(1) Optima yellow top 34 out back

All 1/0 skyhigh car audio power and ground including big 3/4

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

front doors 5.25" memphis mclass comps don't recall exact model#

future plans to run (2) pair 6-8" mids each front door.

rear ski port 6.75" Alpine Type X pro series running passive

rear doors factory 5.25" need better speakers.

(1) ? sub amp maybe sundown saz-4500d

(1) ? Subwoofer maybe team 15"

getting by with a db drive 2400.1 class ab amp thats doing a good 660ish

watts rms to single JL audio 13w6v2 @ 2ohms

box 2.86 cubes slot port 32hrz

def need way more batteries.

https://instagram.com/p/4w51kBrX9g/?taken-by=boost_syndicate

Archived