Second Skin Audio

HDS312 Vented Enclosure Help (My First Box Build)

JBGoodnuf

alrighty thanks for all the new input guys! i trust that neither JoeX or Triticum is lying about their experiences with box building, so i took it all as contructive criticism.

heres what ive come up with.

vb: ~2.0ft³

port: 12.5in x 3.75in x ~41in

because theres amibiguity about how torres & winisd tuned i just took the formula from torres and took things into my own hands.

i calculated the tuning both how torres originally does it and as well as with an end correction of 2.227.

Capture_zpsnuvgap56.png

as you can see there is about a 3hz spread between the two methods,

personally i think that mid 30's will be fine, so regardless of which method is more correct ill be fine with however it turns out.

no box is exactly how its modeled anyway right?

also i added some 45's and doubled up the front baffle. Heres how it should look when its done.

BOX_zpsrpytlyed.png

I'm hoping that this is now the last remodel ill have to do, but if anyone has any objections to how ive designed it then please do say so.

Looks great! I'm sure it will perform well for you. I wouldn't stress over the slight differences in tuning calculations, like you said, it should sound fine either way.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived