Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box dimesions/cut sheet help please. Joe X?? :)


REH

Recommended Posts

Posted

Picked up a new car, wanting to put my 2 Type R 12's (swr-1222d) in the trunk. I previously had them in my Grand Cherokee with the box designed by Joe X here - I'll post the pics right below this line.

Old Box/Vehicle designed by Joe
swr1222_1.jpgTportSUPBSB.jpg

This box performed very very well for me and I do want to use the same volume/tuning for the new car if I can get someone to help me out with a design and cut sheet.

*New car I want to build the box for*

The car is an 03 VW Jetta GLX.

I do want it to be *Subs and port forward* with *Center slot*

Dimensions I'd like
Height- (Trunk floor to where I want to stop) 16"
Width- (Left to right eg driver to pass side) 36"
Depth- (Front to back eg hood to trunk) Whatever it needs to be. Deep trunk.
Net Volume- 4 cubic ft after displacements or as close as possible.
Tuning - 32hz with center slot port.

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm going to be actively watching the thread to answer any questions if there are any.

Posted

Ok, direct translation of your old box, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2swr12.jpg

tportsingle.jpg

Posted

Joe,

First, thank you for your time. You're an awesome help. I do have a question, on the cut list it has Front and back listed @ 36x16. On the other box, it had the front measurements as 2 pieces to account for the port in the middle where this one doesn't. Or am I missing something here?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5311 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...