Redbeardoriginal Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 I am building a custom box for this sub. Was wanting verification on my measurements. I have done the math, and using the manufacturer specs have come up with that the box need so be 22"x22"x10" ID with a 10"x1.5"x16.77" slot port. If anyone has a better design or can confirm please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Joe X Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 What series of sub, what amp and what vehicle would be necessary to know to see if your box is ok.
Redbeardoriginal Posted February 26, 2015 Author Report Posted February 26, 2015 Sorry, it is an IDmax 12D2 V4 getting pushed by 1200d hifonics Brutus. In a 2009 ford focus
Redbeardoriginal Posted February 26, 2015 Author Report Posted February 26, 2015 Any one having any luck on checking?
Joe X Posted February 27, 2015 Report Posted February 27, 2015 So here is a suggestion for the sedan, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Redbeardoriginal Posted February 27, 2015 Author Report Posted February 27, 2015 Thanks joe X. I have worked both figures. Your design and mine is within 2cuin of each other. I will go with your design as long as I can get it to fit through the trunk opening. I might be able to lay the seats down and push it through the front though. Thanks again for the input.
Joe X Posted February 28, 2015 Report Posted February 28, 2015 I had a couple of issues with your suggested dimensions, one needed to fire the sub up which is a no go with trunk cars, secondly various issues with your port, area, height and internal end clearance, so I submitted the above to you, if you have any issues with the dimensions I can fix them for you or help you to do your own if needed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.