Sundown Audio

I had a shop build me an enclosure that I asked for. 1.75 cubes tuned to 35hz. I have no idea if it's correct but he wrote everything down on paper and most likely is correct. The previous enclosure for that was made by someone local who I bought some equipment from which came out to 2.3x cubes tuned to 30hz or so. Again, not sure as I don't know how to find out the specs as I'm a noob with enclosures. The shop's box came out way too peaky. It played louder but I don't get that rumble feel as I did with the box tuned to 30hz.

I have googled around and did a bit of e-search and entered the subwoofer parameters into WinISD. It plots out the following recommended enclosure to make. 1.731 cubes tuned to 26hz. This is a lot flatter and seems to roll off around that tuning. Does this mean most frequencies will play relatively flat with no peaks? On top of that, would lower frequencies play louder too since the bass rolls off farther down the frequencies? I may actually prefer the lower bass notes than the higher ones as they don't hurt my ears, and would give better back massages lol.

What's the difference between building this WinISD enclosure compared to the shop's box that's close to the recommended specs off the Sundown website?

My goal is to pick up lower frequencies better and not have a boomy sound. Would building the WinISD enclosure be for me? That's for me to judge obviously but maybe someone else here has been in this same situation that give lend me a reply.

f0448518d4e77fa6bd78fdd396cac5c0.png

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

No need to tune so low, i have always had good luck tuning near the RF of the vehicle i own, and you get the added benefit of the violence the RF adds to the feel.

Most people tune way too low and have a hole in the music between the subs and mids, unless your goal is for a wind tunnel you would be better off tuning a bit higher and match the output to the vehicles RF.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2