4x6 Replacing for SQ

I have a 89 Chevy 1500 Standard Cab that I'm currently running, Kenwood HDC-BT558U headunit, 2 custom door pods with Pyle PDMR 6.5 & Pyle Super Tweeter in each pod, Planet Audio 4x6 in dash & behind seat. All mids and highs powered by Planet Audio 1600w 4-Channel amp. I keep blowing the 4x6 speakers, they start of sounding great then after a month, they sound like crap. I just need to do a solid upgrade on them but need some suggestions on which way to go. Thanks

6.5" components, install them once and be done with it.

Oddball sized speakers never seem to last or sound good, so your best bet is to go with the most common speaker size as a replacement.

You will most likely have to trim the speaker opening to use an mdf baffle to mount the speaker to.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

6.5" components, install them once and be done with it.

Oddball sized speakers never seem to last or sound good, so your best bet is to go with the most common speaker size as a replacement.

You will most likely have to trim the speaker opening to use an mdf baffle to mount the speaker to.

I thought about that, but after looking online for a few ideas, I ran across the Polk Audio DB461P. Will these be any good? Not sure that I want to cut out the opening.

Archived