Cj Kumz Posted March 5, 2015 Report Posted March 5, 2015 Hey people I was in my mates car yesterday and noticed his bass just didn't sound right. So when I had a look I noticed his enclosure shakes a lot as the subs are playing. He is coming over the weekend so we can diagnose his issue. What could be causing this? And what are the key things I should look for when examining?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
alaskanzx5 Posted March 5, 2015 Report Posted March 5, 2015 Cheap material, box not being braced, not being bolted down. Just look at the over all build quality of the box. Make sure its strong and sturdy fir what he is doing. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Guest Posted March 5, 2015 Report Posted March 5, 2015 wrong wood? really needs bracing inside if they are not walmart subs it probably sounds like ass because the port wall is flexing too
Cj Kumz Posted March 5, 2015 Author Report Posted March 5, 2015 Ok thanks. He will send his box dimensions later today so I can see the port and box size too. I could hear some form of chuffing like air leaks but will verify on the check up day. And he says he doubts the box is braced at all, so it could be what you suggesting too Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
alaskanzx5 Posted March 5, 2015 Report Posted March 5, 2015 Might be a good idea to start from scratch on the box. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Cj Kumz Posted March 5, 2015 Author Report Posted March 5, 2015 Yes that's a good plan lol. The dimensions are in 18H 34.5W 14D with a 16.5 x 2.2 port. This gives me a 3.2 cube box with 36sq inches of port and tuned around 34hz (11sq inches per cube). Port area looks kinda low for a slotted box with 2 12s. Subs are re audio srx powered by a aq2200. Could the low port area be one of the issues Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Guest Posted March 5, 2015 Report Posted March 5, 2015 box flexing and not enough port area are two different things what kind of subs are they?
Cj Kumz Posted March 5, 2015 Author Report Posted March 5, 2015 They are re audio srx 12s. He has also confirmed no bracing inside. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
alaskanzx5 Posted March 5, 2015 Report Posted March 5, 2015 3.2 net is low imo 2 12s need 3.5-4.5. 36" if port sounds low to me as well. 1 12" with 20mm xmax can push that per to its limits. No bracing is another no no. Pull the subs add bracing test Invert mount the subs test ... Make the port bigger... Somehow? Build new with the results from above testing in mind. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Cj Kumz Posted March 6, 2015 Author Report Posted March 6, 2015 Yah I'll do so. These subs actually have 18mm of linear xmax. Which is around 35sq inches of port needed per sub lol. Making the port bigger might be the tricky 1 imo cause either way we need a port twice as big. We will start the tests tomorrow. But as you say a new enclosure is the best way out Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.