Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

So got the amp rack redone, the new SounDigital Power series 8800.1 in, cleaned up some of the trunk wiring and removed, replaced, and added a couple decals. I've very pleased with home everything looks. I'm gonna take some of my digicamo vinyl and wrap a couple spots on the amp to break up all the black. 

20170608_205009.jpg

Only thing I really have left to do is run my voltmeter and tune the amp. Amps not even tuned and it's loud already. 

I think Slam this year was a success. I got to give out a handful of demos which is a handful more than I normally get to give out. The car got a bunch of looks and got quite a few pictures taken. Overall out of the group of the Droppin' Hz guys I am the baby build, but I'm hoping to maybe not change that but make the car look even nicer to get the attention that I want it to have.  Not to mention this weekend I competed in the tattoo contest and took home 2nd and 3rd place best full sleeve and 1st place best overall male tattoo.

Next on the chopping block is my door panels. If you have read through my build you might catch on that I like to try and make sure that when it comes time sell my car, I can put it back to stock or close to stock. I'm not fond of modifying door panels and trim pieces unless I have a replacement or I can make my own out of fiberglass and keep the stock on standby. I've found out that with the door panels I can pull just the speaker cover section off of the door panel and not have to modify the panel itself. With that being said I'm planning on going this route and making a fiberglass mold of that piece of the door and base my door panels off of that. Really shouldn't be a terrible project. Just hope it works out like its working out in my head.  

If my truck was running right, I think I would have went. I think the last time I went to a car audio event was in the 90's. I keep trying to makemake the Parts Express event, but something alway comes up and I forget about it.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

1 hour ago, BP1Fanatic said:

If my truck was running right, I think I would have went. I think the last time I went to a car audio event was in the 90's. I keep trying to makemake the Parts Express event, but something alway comes up and I forget about it.

When and where is it? 

• 2 weeks later...

So I haven't updated, but the XLs are completely dismantled. Baskets were sent to the powdercoater to get coated white. Recones were also ordered last week as well so those should be coming in soon. Went with all upgraded stock parts on these recones. I'm honestly ready to get the XLs back in and get back to my normal bandwidth. These Hammertechs are peaking so high its ridiculous. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, sebringR/T said:

Probably won't be updating this much anymore. Now that Photobucket has rejected allowing their members to embed photos unless you pay $400 a year, my build log is now basically worthless. 

A member here suggested vgy.me. I was checking it out yesterday, seems alright. Photos arnt automatically public unless you want them to be

Archived