Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

So I am currently working on an audio build in my Bull. Weather is kinda working against me so I am trying to knock out some of the little things that I can do inside.

Build consists of:
Sub Stage
2 D.7 ohm 12" DC Audio Lvl4s ( Fully Built)
Amp: AudioQue 1200D

Mids
Front Doors: 6.5" PRV Neos
Rear Doors: 6.5" Crescendo Audio PWX6s
Amp: Crescendo Audio 550.2

Highs
Tweeters: Crescendo Audio RTS1
Amp: Rockford Fosgate PBR300.4

Battery
XS Power D6500

Wire
All Sky High wire
0 awg Power from battery back
0 awg Big 3
Sky High RCAs

Factory Integration
JL CleanSweep

My Bull currently has the full 12 speaker Sony sound system, but with this build I will not be using any of it. With having the tweeters already mounted into the A pillar and having a cover over them I have decided to make a pod that replaces the cover and will allow me to convert it back to stock if/when I decide to sell the car.

At the beginning of this project I started out one way and then getting further into it realized that my idea was not going to work like I had wanted it to so I had to completely start over from scratch. After talking with a buddy of mine who has helped me on all my audio builds he helped me figure out how to attack this project.

So here is where I started...

So I took the cover off and taped off my pillar and took some fleece and made a fiberglass mold of the recess where the cover sits. From there I had to make my own speaker rings out of fiberglass to mount the tweeters in. From here it got tricky. I took dow rod and mounted my speaker ring to them and them mounted them to my template.

Speaker Ring

IMG_20150227_131032.jpg

Pod Skeletons

IMG_20150228_165808.jpg

02281516101.jpg

Roughly

IMG_20150301_171524.jpg

IMG_20150301_171611.jpg

After I got everything where I needed it I made another FG ring that was a bit wider than the tweeter itself and mounted it on top of the original to give the pod a little more height and give it a little more surface area around the edge of the tweeter. I then used super glue and started wrapping the skeleton of the pod.

Driver's side wrapped and resined

IMG_20150302_091402.jpg

0302150902.jpg

Smoothed out, filled, and ready to wrap

0303151021.jpg

IMG_20150303_103047.jpg

After all is said and done I'm going to wrap the pillars and the pods in black suede to accent the already all black interior.

I will update this post as I make more progress.

Nice work

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Looking. Good

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

very nicely done!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived