Dtrain Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 Hey everyone, Kind of new in the box building area, but I have a 2001 Corolla that I'm trying to build a box for.I haven't purchased anything yet, but I'm thinking of getting two SWR-D4(Type R's) and a 1000D monoblock, I'm open to suggestions on amps if anyone has any. I'm currently about two hours away from a Home depot, so I'm not sure if it might be cheaper to see if I can get someone to make the box to the specifications I need. I believe my trunk dimensions are 39x20x19(LxHxD). I've been using a few calculators, but to be honest I have no idea what I'm doing even after lurking and browsing a bit. I've been trying to get the box ported to 35Hz, but everything I seem to be coming up with is simply to big for my trunk.
Joe X Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 If you are going for current generation Type Rs those are 1000W RMS each, to the following you can throw 1500-2000W RMS: NOTE: amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods..NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside. Hopefully there will be many other places near you that can sell you MDF. Here's something for the SA-12s: NOTE: amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 3/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods..NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Dtrain Posted March 11, 2015 Author Report Posted March 11, 2015 Thanks for the build specifics thats exactly what I needed to see and look at. Would these same specifics go along with two SA-12s as well? Right after I made this post someone offered me two. But I'll make sure I make a box dummy and see what I come up with.
Joe X Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 A little larger for SA-12s would be best but the above can work as well.
Dtrain Posted March 11, 2015 Author Report Posted March 11, 2015 A little larger for SA-12s would be best but the above can work as well. If you don't mind me asking where in the box would I need to make my improvements in my box? Or would I just go recommend specifications for the SA-12s? Which is about Width 38 x 16.5 Height x 17.25 Depth, if so would I keep the same port width?
Dtrain Posted March 12, 2015 Author Report Posted March 12, 2015 I added something for the SA-12s above. Thank you so much for the dimensions Joe.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.