2007 Escalade build "The Basscalade"

Ground the HU using both the OEM harness and run another ground to the nearest sturdy piece of metal. I recommend using 12 or 14 ga wire for this. Make sure you have a good ground run to the firewall from your battery, alt case, or frame.

Before powering anything on, have you tried disconnecting the RCA's (all of them) from your amps and then starting your vehicle and turning your system on? Do you still get whine when you do this?

Ground the HU using both the OEM harness and run another ground to the nearest sturdy piece of metal. I recommend using 12 or 14 ga wire for this. Make sure you have a good ground run to the firewall from your battery, alt case, or frame.

Before powering anything on, have you tried disconnecting the RCA's (all of them) from your amps and then starting your vehicle and turning your system on? Do you still get whine when you do this?

no noise when the rca's are unpluged. One I tried grounding the alt case to the frame the noise goes down but once I bolted it to the alt case permanently no luck noise still there.

Also checking my frame grounds. I have seen over 40 ohms of resistance off the frame.

Nice man!

Is that the spare tire in the trunk of the red car in background?!?! or port or sub, LMAO

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow I really have been through a lot with my build. I know I have not updated my log in a while, but I'm going to do I overview this weekend on my changes and upgrades. One of the major changes i made was upgrading to sundown ZV3 15s.

Archived