2007 Escalade build "The Basscalade"

I'm doing it now. I have some really bad engine noise coming through my mid's. It's making me what to take everything out and start over

I had that at first too, and I did take everything out and start over, and over and over.

You know about about PCM controlled alts and ground sensor right?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Oh, sorry, the bolt that holds alternator in is where the one ground goes to. Even if you only had stock alt the grounding point would be the same. As you said, it's mounted to engine/frame anyway.

Also, i get ZERO alt whine, both systems charge like a boss.

I took a cable and touch the negative side of the battery, then the other end to the mounting bolt. The noise went from 10 to maybe a 2 or 3 level on a scale of 1 to 10.

But when I attached the wire permanently the noise went back to 10. Worked on it til about midnight. I going to try again after work. Plus I think some of the sound is coming from the rca's. Should have purchased the rockford's. But the company I deal with only had the rfi and not rfit you got.

Update: Im still trying to track this engine noise. I tried new rca jacks and check the ground on the radio. No luck at all. After I get the box in I'm going to redo all the grounds.

Archived