Second Skin Audio

OBS Chevy Bandpass box

Hey guys I'm a long time lurker, I've built several sealed and ported boxes, but I've decided I want to build a Bandpass box for my 1996 Chevy Silverado. I've designed a box and I wanted your guys opinion before I start building.

The sealed side will be 2.6 cubic feet after sub and bracing displacement and the ported side will be 3.24 cubic feet tuned to 45 hz

The subs will be two Polk Audio DB1040's and I will be throwing about 500 watts rms at it with zero bass boost

box_1.png

How did you come up with your design? What is your motivation for building a bandpass box?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I designed it with the subs aiming up for the simplicity of installing the subs, and this was the first way that came to mind.

I wanted to build a bandpass because they have more output, and because I've never made one before, also I figure this is a truck that I finally have the space to build a bandpass box so I might as well try it at least once.

box_2.png

That's a pretty peaky response curve, cabin gain will extend and flatten out the lower side a bit, but you are still looking at have a lower f3 of about 35 and upper f3 of about 52. Is that the response you want?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived