Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer for VFL 150.1 amplifier (2900RMS).

Alex Coyne

Started a thread here a few weeks ago and got great results (original thread was options in the 2K watt range). Got lots of great advice and plenty of responses (thanks to everyone who helped out)

I plan on running a Singer 275A alternator (190A idle), XS 3400D battery under the hood (rated for 2,500 watt systems) and big three wiring.

Will be running a pair of ground zero uranium 6.5s in the front off of a two channel soundqubed amp (not the best front setup so I need a sub that can hit the mid and upper bass well, not looking for a lowend monster setup).

Amp will be American Bass VFL 150.1 (getting a good price on it).

What is a good setup for this amplifier and electrical ? I want something that has very high output but has good sound (was looking at dual american bass XFL's but I want something a little higher on the SQ).

I want serious output (in exaggerated terms I want a potential heart murmur and for it to hit so hard when I pull up to gas station the register rattles) but at the same time I don't want it to sound medicore at normal listening volumes.

I was thinking Dual SSA 12 Icons (good sounding sub, two of them should have the cone area and motor force to give me high output for a SQ setup).

you would only need 1 havoc.. you can get a used one

i got 4 used and got the recones..i paid $850 for all 4 and it included the cones to make them new again

Archived