Second Skin Audio

Can someone explain this?

plugdumps

7" doesnt seem deep enough because the sa has a poll vent

That is was I was worried about, althought I do currently have a sa 12 in a 7.5" box made out of 5/8" mdf. Only reason I am wanting to upgrade is due from lack of a speaker grill and hitting the back of my seat, the cone has ripped from the surround and the mounting depth on that is 6 1/2 as oppose to the sa 10's being 6"

In order to try and save some space should I go with areo ports? I have never had any luck with them. A bunch of noob questions I know but I've gone through 3 boxes for this truck already and I've only had it for 5 months. Just want something that I will be happy with for a while

I'd like to go ported unless sealed would be the way to go I don't compete but I've always ran ported boxes. Im 18, love it when the truck vibrates and shakes or when you hit the vape and the smoke dances, all the fun stuff of ported boxes

The reason you bring up depth, is that because of heat or something im not aware of? Because the sa 12 thats currently in there hasn't had much room between the magnet and the box for 5 months and its held up excellent, with the sa 10's being even shallower I think it would be ok?

Archived