Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can someone explain this?


plugdumps

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, new to the forum and couldn't find anything related to this is my little bit of research, but I am desiging a box for 2 sundown audio sa 10's for my 2004 regular cab silverado. While playing around in Torres I noticed this and am now wondering. Does .1inch really make my box that much bigger? Thanks in advance guys!

This is what I originally had (just random numbers entered for now)

smd%20help%201_zpsl9vr4epq.jpg

And here is with an extra .1 of an inch

smd%20help%202_zpsv9jtun2n.jpg

Posted

I don't understand it, but I was able to reproduce the exact same thing. That 0.1 should only add like 40 cu in.

It looks like Torres doesn't like decimals, if you enter 8 you get much more reasonable results. Using 8 I got 2.57 cu ft, which sounds about right.

*I'm a software test engineer, so I couldn't resist messing with this. It doesn't seem to mind negative numbers, lol. Shitty programming if you ask me, it shouldn't allow negative values, and it shouldn't have a problem with decimals.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Posted

Unless you are building a wedge style enclosure you only need to use depth 1.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Outer will give you your gross.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Using the math i get roughly the same 3.31ft^3. Thats using (56x7.05x14.5)/1728. Just tryna see if i can get the port area needed for everything before i buy the subs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 3316 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...