CodeNameU Posted March 19, 2015 Report Posted March 19, 2015 Hi, I'm new to this build-your-own sealed box thing. I have 2 Alpine type R 12" thin woofers and also will be using 2 ARC xdi v2 amps (one for each woofer). I pretty much listen to all types of music depending on mood. My goal is to have a chambered sealed box (to save trunk space) and box built between 40hz to 45hz with the best SQ. The car that is going into is a 05 lexus LS430 and with 37"L (left to right) 15"H (top to bottom). How deep should I go to achieve my goals? I will be using 3/4" wood with no ploy-fill. Please help if you can. Or maybe Joe X. (if you have free time) Please help. Thank you guys in advance!
Joe X Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 Welcome, are those subs the new 5th generation (SWR-12D4) ones or older ones.
CodeNameU Posted March 20, 2015 Author Report Posted March 20, 2015 Welcome, are those subs the new 5th generation (SWR-12D4) ones or older ones. Hi Joe, These are the SWR-T12. Thank you for the fast response!
Joe X Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 Here is your request, Qtc = 0.95 (if that's what you really want), power: to subs rated, figure is just an assembly guide, use some damping inside like polyfill:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
CodeNameU Posted March 20, 2015 Author Report Posted March 20, 2015 Here is your request, Qtc = 0.95 (if that's what you really want), power: to subs rated, figure is just an assembly guide, use some damping inside like polyfill: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside. Thank you so much Joe X !! I'll try it out and let you know how it sounds.
Joe X Posted March 20, 2015 Report Posted March 20, 2015 You will be giving up a lot of output and low end extension, hope you understand that but it should sound clean.
CodeNameU Posted March 20, 2015 Author Report Posted March 20, 2015 You will be giving up a lot of output and low end extension, hope you understand that but it should sound clean. Clean sound is what I am looking for now. For some reason if I want to maximize the full potential of those woofers in the future (in the same car with a sealed box), what are the measurement of the box?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.