cylon58 Posted March 21, 2015 Report Posted March 21, 2015 Here what I came up with. Any suggestions to improve sound or conserve more space? Its going in the trunk of a 2006 Honda Civic powered by SQ 2200.1 @ 2 Ohms. Ive got it shallow to try and conserve trunk space. Planning on being sub and port back. I though about aeros to save space but couldn't figure it out (I'm a newb).
bighossf150 Posted March 21, 2015 Report Posted March 21, 2015 2.25-2.5 net at 33 with 15-16 sq in of port Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
99blazer Posted March 21, 2015 Report Posted March 21, 2015 Dont forget to put 3 for your common walls aswell 08 Ford F150
cylon58 Posted March 22, 2015 Author Report Posted March 22, 2015 Dont forget to put 3 for your common walls aswell OK. I'll redesign using the correct common walls. Thanks.
cylon58 Posted March 22, 2015 Author Report Posted March 22, 2015 2.25-2.5 net at 33 with 15-16 sq in of port I am trying to save as much space as possible. I've read in several places that this sub does good in 1.5 - 2.25 net. Do you think it needs to be bigger with approximately 1400 RMS?
bighossf150 Posted March 22, 2015 Report Posted March 22, 2015 I ran mine in 2.4 cubes ea on 1900w and they straight got the fuck down, where ever you read 1.5 cubes is completely wrong Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
cylon58 Posted March 22, 2015 Author Report Posted March 22, 2015 I ran mine in 2.4 cubes ea on 1900w and they straight got the fuck down, where ever you read 1.5 cubes is completely wrong OK, Ill try to fit a little bigger box in the trunk. Thanks. This is where I read that... http://www.americanbassusa.com/files/pdf/American_Bass_XFL1244_11.10_v3_final.pdf
Mustang2dakota Posted March 22, 2015 Report Posted March 22, 2015 Might be able to save a little room with an aero port. Its worth the couple minutes of punching numbers into torres to check. 2014 JKU Sound: pioneer xav-65 4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4 2 pioneer gm-d9601 (much more in route) General: 18in worx rims 33in tire stinger src bumpers light bars 6k hids 2in leveling kit 3.25in lift The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/
cylon58 Posted March 22, 2015 Author Report Posted March 22, 2015 Might be able to save a little room with an aero port. Its worth the couple minutes of punching numbers into torres to check. I tried but with enough port area the length became so long it would have to face the side. But I could be totally wrong, I know nothing about using aero ports.
Mustang2dakota Posted March 22, 2015 Report Posted March 22, 2015 Might be able to save a little room with an aero port. Its worth the couple minutes of punching numbers into torres to check. I tried but with enough port area the length became so long it would have to face the side. But I could be totally wrong, I know nothing about using aero ports. i also agree with big hoss, id recommend 2.25 net at least. With an aero port you want approximately 8-12 sq in of cross sectional area; In 2.25 net one 6in areo port should be what your looking for. Also if you use pvc for your port you can put bends in it if necessary. Edit: im sure someone like JoeX will come to show me up and/or prove me wrong, But hopefully ive shed a little light on areo ports. 2014 JKU Sound: pioneer xav-65 4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4 2 pioneer gm-d9601 (much more in route) General: 18in worx rims 33in tire stinger src bumpers light bars 6k hids 2in leveling kit 3.25in lift The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.