Sundown Audio

Which amp would you suggest?

dmel

Mechman offers a 170 amp for your car for $300 I wouldn't call that expensive.

If it's in the budget I'd upgrade the alt if not make sure you have a way to keep an eye on your voltage at the amps.

You may be fine with the stock alt or you might not be, there's only one way to find out.

My personal opinion though would be to purchase an upgraded alt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ok, well let me ask this. What 2 channel amp would be recommended to push my subs? Id rather not have to run two separate amps if i dont have to. As im already running one for my door speakers and i think three amps with the stock alternator would be quite much?

The current draw is what matters not how many amps there are.

A 2000 rms at 1 ohm 2 channel is going to be a pretty big amp and likely an a/b class which is inefficient so it would be harder on your electrical than two 1000 rms class d monoblocks.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You will either want two 1k's at 1 ohm or an amp that does 2k at 2 ohm I would not personally recommend running at .5 ohm on stock electrical.

Archived