Sundown Audio

Which amp would you suggest?

dmel

If you have 2 dual 2 ohms subs then an amp that is known to put out 2k at 2 ohms.

If you have 2 dual 4ohm signs then an amp that is known to put out 2k at 1 ohm.

Problem solved.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Get a matching Rockford amp and run one amp to each sub at 1 ohm.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The bad thing is, i already sold the rockford to upgrade. The rockford that i had they didnt make anymore, they updated/upgraded to the 1200.1d. And i really dont know how well american bass subs are. I heard good and ive heard bad, im not really sure if i overpowered them if they would handle what a 1200.1d would give?

Truth is if you buy a true 1200 watt rms amp it's not likely the subs will even ever see that much power and it's not at all bad to have some headroom anyways.

With subs rated 1000 rms there should be no problem with an amp that puts out a clean 1200 rms.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Right, im just not that familiar with the subs themselves, longevity wise anyways. If i had purchased two rockford 1200.1d amps would i need a bigger alternator? I am running a rockford 250x4 to my door speakers as well. I have a second battery running in the trunk already.

What vehicle and do you know what size your stock alt is?

Sometimes you can get away with 2k on a stock alt most likely you'll need to upgrade though.

I had a 02 Malibu stock alt yellow top up front and xs d2400 in back ran a Crescendo bc 2k a .5 ohm to a pair of sa 12's for over a year no problems whatsoever. Very solid amps! clamped it doing 2014 watts with rise to 1.4 ohms

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

Archived