Second Skin Audio

need help with sa15 build

beanbo12

I have one sundown sa15 d2. I have a rockford fosgate prime 750.1 powering it at one ohm. I also have 8" pvc(which can be made into a aero port or kept straight) on hand for the port or a slot would be fine. My max length wise is 36 and my depth and height is around 18 or 20. The help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ps.. 35 hrtz I guess to keep it at spec or whatever is best and the ride is a 2004 Ford escape.

Here is a suggestion sub back / up port sideways, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 8", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

sa15v2.jpg

sa15pic.jpg

You could have half the port out but I wouldn't see much of a point in doing an ugly box if it can be done nice, maybe with a slot port but yes it can be done and the sub up as well, in fact with the box I left you, you can do the sub up.

It's important that the inner end of the port stays away from the sub, it also important that the pipe is not right against the motor of the sub, this is why is placed the way it is, as long as those things are accounted form you can move it some to a position you like.

Archived